We understand the fee for Nemanja Matic’s move to Manchester United will be around £40m.
Sky sources: Chelsea are letting him join United as a goodwill gesture because of his contribution to two titles in three years.
They would have preferred to sell him to Juventus, but the Serb wants to go to United. Working again with Jose Mourinho again was a big factor in his decision.
Matic has been training at Cobham and if all goes to plan he could be in United squad for Super Cup game v Real Madrid on August 8.
GRIEZMANN TO REPLACE NEYMAR?
Should Neymar leave for Paris Saint-Germain, Barcelona will target Atletico Madrid’s Antoine Griezmann to replace him on the left of their front three, according to Marca.
The Frenchman, who scored 26 goals in all competitions last season, would come at a cost of €100m (£89m).
SAKHO TO ROMA?
Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho could be on his way to Italy with Roma if the Serie A club come up with £30m this summer.He was on loan at Crystal Palace last year, and is likely to leave the club this summer having fallen behind in the pecking order at Anfield.
PEP: KELECHI LIKELY TO LEAVE
Pep Guardiola has confirmed that striker Kelechi Iheanacho will most likely join Leicester this summer, and says Man City will not look to replace the Nigerian with another forward player.
“Kelechi I think is going to leave, to Leicester. I think it is on, but I don’t want to say something wrong so we will see.
“We have a good squad, all of the young players are good. The club want to fight with the top teams in the Premier League and Europe, and we need to have a large squad.“
KANE FOCUSED ON SPURS
Harry Kane says Antonio Conte’s words about him were kind, but he is fully focused on Tottenham.
The Chelsea manager spoke this week of his great admiration for Kane – who finished last season as the Premier League’s top goalscorer with 29 goals – and claimed the 23-year-old is worth “at least £100m”.
“Obviously it’s kind words,” said Kane. “But I’m focused on my team and what my manager thinks.
“I’m out here concentrating on what I need to do, and being fit for the new season.”
Liverpool target and Guinea midfielder Naby Keita, 22, will “100%” stay at RB Leipzig, according to the German side’s coach.
NEYMAR GOING TO PSG
Neymar’s father asked PSG to delay formal negotiations with Barcelona over a £450m deal for his son until after 31 July – that is the day when he earns a £23.3m commission for his part in persuading the forward to sign a new contract with the Nou Camp club last October.
COUTINHO TO BARCELONA?
Philippe Coutinho will plead with Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp to let him join Barcelona. If the 25-year-old Brazil attacking midfielder does leave, Klopp will target 18-year-old Borussia Dortmund and United States winger Christian Pulisic.
- Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini has agreed a deal to join Turkish side Galatasaray. The 29-year-old Belgium international has less than a year left on his contract at Old Trafford.
- Everton and England midfielder Ross Barkley, 23, is wanted by six clubs, with Tottenham and Manchester City leading the race
- Newcastle want to sign Arsenal’s Lucas Perez to be their main striker, despite the 28-year-old Spaniard’s desire to rejoin former club Deportivo La Coruna.
- Barcelona and Brazil forward Neymar, 25, has agreed a five-year contract with Paris St-Germain and could complete a 220m euros (£197m) move to the French side next week
- PSG will offer former Manchester United winger Angel di Maria, 29, as part of the deal to reduce the taxes they will have to pay by triggering Neymar’s buyout clause
- Manchester City will offer Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez, 28, a deal worth £320,000 a week to join them this summer
Article By: Dare Ayinde