- Everton midfielder Ross Barkley will have to lower his wage demands to join Tottenham, who are not willing to pay the £120,000-a-week wages the 23-year-old England international turned down at Goodison Park.
The Toffees are also prepared to hold out for a fee of £35m for Barkley, despite him having less than 12 months on his contract.
- Barcelona will make a £53m move for Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil, 28, if they are unable to sign Philippe Coutinho, 25, from Liverpool.
- La Liga will report Paris St-Germain for a breach of Uefa’s financial fair play rules over the signing of Neymar from Barcelona, even if the French side do not pay the 25-year-old Brazil forward’s 220m euros (£197m) buyout clause.
But PSG are so confident of signing Neymar they are already planning how to unveil him.
- Chelsea are willing to meet Bayern Munich’s demands to sign midfielder Renato Sanches, 19, on loan for the season.
- Manchester City players have openly discussed the arrival of forward Alexis Sanchez, 28, from Arsenal in a £50m deal.
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says players such as Sanchez and Ozil staying, despite entering the final 12 months of their contracts, is an “ideal” situation because everyone “has to perform”.
- Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana, 29, says it “would be like having two new signings” if Reds striker Daniel Sturridge, 27, can stay fit and “firing on all cylinders”.
- Philippe Coutinho will plead with Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp to let him join Barcelona. If the 25-year-old Brazil attacking midfielder does leave, Klopp will target 18-year-old Borussia Dortmund and United States winger Christian Pulisic.
- Barcelona forward Neymar will have his medical in Doha on Tuesday prior to completing a world record €222 million move to Paris Saint-Germain, Al Watan reports. The attacker has long been associated with the Ligue 1 club, who could complete the deal before their opening match of the season against Amiens on Saturday.
Article By: Dare Ayinde